Power of Mind
The only perceptual content that is of any value to examine is the exact present moment.
If the case is you find yourself bringing past events into the present moment for consideration, you can always come to the awareness that the content of perceptual now is “past considerations.”
Once you bring yourself to awareness of what is occuring in the present moment, then you are in position to remember that perception is a projection of beliefs. If, on consideration of your perceptual now, you are not enthralled, harness the power of mind and choose to have more peaceful perceptions instead.
^^ This technique will always work. Pre-ACIM society did not have a way to facilitate this mental movement. Below is ACIM’s guidelines for facilitating peace now. ^^
- Realize that the presence of lack of peace is the signifier that you are in misperception. “I realize I am upset.”
- Realize you do not like the lack of peace. “At least I can decide I do not like what I feel now.”
- Be willing to relinquish the perception that is not suiting a peaceful mind. Be willing to say “maybe I am wrong about this. I hope I have been wrong.”
- Decide you want a different perception. “I want another way to look at this.”
- Decide to ask the Interal Guide for a new perception. “What can I lose by asking?”
- alex brady